Clay Open Studio
Registering for this course allows you access to your clay, our space and equipment, and shelf space for work-in-progress during the open studio hours on Thursdays in February from 1:00-7:00 p.m. Open studio is designed to allow students to work independently on their projects in our studio during the scheduled hours.
Things to keep in mind when registering for this course:
- Age Range: 15-Adult
- Hand building and glaze work space is ample so students don't need a reservation to do those activities. Since we are limited to 8 available wheels, artists must make a reservation for pottery wheels. Please contact Laura Warner at LWarner@figgeartmuseum.org or call 309-738-8862 to reserve a wheel during Clay Open Studio.
- In order to be eligible for Open Studio, you are required to have taken one of the Figge's ceramics classes, regardless of your skill level, prior to enrolling in open studio.
To register, you can click on any of the dates below (you only need to pay one time for the entire month). If you come one time or all four times, you only need to click on one of these links to pay your class fee.
- Thursday, February 1
- Thursday, February 8
- Thursday, February 15
- Thursday, February 22
- Thursday, February 29
Materials fee is not included in this price. No outside clay is allowed in our studio. (All clay & glaze must be purchased through the Figge to be used in our studio). A materials fee of $70 includes 20 pounds of clay, glaze, and firing fees. Please click the link below to pay your materials fee.
- Materials Fee for February 1 session
- Materials Fee for February 8 session
- Materials Fee for February 15 session
- Materials Fee for February 22 session
- Materials Fee for February 29 session
Please contact Laura Warner with any questions about Clay Open Studio at LWarner@figgeartmuseum.org or call 309-738-8862.