LOCATION: Figge Art Museum
Join the next class of candidate docents. Candidate docents must have a strong interest in visual arts, enjoy public speaking and have a genuine appreciation for museum education. Knowledge of art history and studio art is helpful, but not required. To learn more, contact Melissa Mohr at email@example.com.
There is no coast to participate, however candidates must be current Figge members.
2:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, February 4-April 14
Candidate Program Requirements
- Figge membership (educator level available, $40)
- Text (Patrick Frank, Prebles’ Artforms, 11th ed.)
- Training course completion (20 hours)
- Docent mentorship program completion (10 hours)
Active Docent Requirements
- Maintain active membership status
- Attend monthly trainings
- Give a minimum of five tours per year (July 1-June 30)
- Undergo annual evaluations
- Have fun!